Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Craig McLean <cr...@fukka.co.uk> on 2005/12/10 20:14:58 UTC

A thought about phone numbers and URIBLs

Re: A thought about phone numbers and URIBLs

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
Craig McLean skrev:
> Hey folks, I was having a thought about phone numbers in spam messages,
> and the old brain pinged an idea at me. I'd really appreciate any feedback!
>
> It occurred to me that I get a fair amount of spam which includes
> phone/fax numbers. It also occurred to me that given a string like
> "Number:+447031916662" (from real spam), then we could strip out the
> phone number and do a lookup thus:
>
> [snip]

Just a thought: Phone numbers don't have to be clicked on or linked to,
so won't they be too easy to hide in pictures, floats or vertical text
tables? Of course such obfuscations can be detected by themselves, but
it's still something to think about.

--
Magnus Holmgren