Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Slava Zimine <sl...@japgod.mine.nu> on 2002/05/01 21:27:37 UTC

turbine and OJB

Is anybody using  turbine ( 2.2 )  with ObjectBridge (OJB)
  instead of torque

http://objectbridge.sourceforge.net/

OJB is a more advanced OR mapping project than torque.

It will be nice to share  the experience.

Regards,
Slava

RE: turbine and OJB

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.
I cannot give a comparison yet, but what I understood is that Castor is not
maintained anymore.

Mvgr,
Martin

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: turbine and OJB

Re: turbine and OJB

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 16:27, Slava Zimine wrote:
> Is anybody using  turbine ( 2.2 )  with ObjectBridge (OJB)
>   instead of torque
>
> http://objectbridge.sourceforge.net/
>
> OJB is a more advanced OR mapping project than torque.
>
> It will be nice to share  the experience.

I am. In fact I have to use both in order to use TSS ( Turbine security
System ), and it's working nice !
The best thing to do is to define a PersistenceService interface ansd
have Torque and OJB implementations !

> Regards,
> Slava

Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
IT - Inter Business Tecnologia e Servicos (IB)
http://www.ibnetwork.com.br

accessing column metadata in templates

Posted by James Bullen <ja...@columbiadkv.com>.
i want to use column metadata in my templates. a simple case is setting
the maxlength attribute in an input element in a form.

eg.
in the sample app schema:
    <column name="TITLE" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>

defines the Title column for the Rdf object and says it has a size of
255. it seems reasonable to want to access that metadata in a form to
set maxlength. i couldn't see any examples of this, nor any discussion
in the archive. you can use intake to define a maxlength but this is
done server-side (requiring a roundtrip to enforce), and duplicates the
definition.

so i want another approach. i tried putting a TableMap in the context in
Form.java

            TableMap tabmap = RdfPeer.getTableMap();
            context.put("tabmap", tabmap);

(which required making getTableMap public - the first hint i was heading
in the wrong direction ;)

then, in theory, in Form.vm i could say something like:

    #set ( $col = $tabmap.getColumn("TITLE") )
    <input name="title" maxlength="$col.getSize()" value="$entry.Title">

unfortunately getSize() always returns 0 ... i haven't investigated this
further because i feel like i'm off track.

does anyone have a good way to do this? it feels like the sort of ground
that should be well-trodden ...

any help appreciated.

cheers,
james