Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by John Burns <jz...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/03 12:06:31 UTC

Multiple users, different repositories

Hi all,

I am planning to use NiFi in lectures and labs in my Institute of
Technology. Obviously I want students to create their own repositories and
not be able so see the work of others.

Currently all my LDAP users can see each others flows. Is there a way for
me to force a $HOME/repository structure for each student such that no one
can see the work of another. We have already created the Linux $HOME
directories for each of the lab users.

Thank you any help.

John

Re: Multiple users, different repositories

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
John,

The feature you're describing is our multi-tenant dataflow [1]. We are
currently still in the planning stages though we should have some mockups
that we will post in the coming weeks.

Currently, to support your use case, each student would need to install
NiFi in their $HOME directory. Each instance could all be configured to
authenticate users with your central Directory Server.

Thanks.

Matt

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Multi-Tentant+Dataflow