Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeroen Cranendonk <j....@emaxx.nl> on 2003/06/12 17:20:10 UTC

Dynamic model for Cocoon XMLForm

Hi all,

I want to create a screen which contains an unknown number of person
information input types, there's namely a button on the screen which add,
every time it is pressed, 5 extra persons input types. So i've  5, 10, 15,
20, .... n persons input types displayed on a screen. Actually the number of
person input types is unknown. See the example below:

- Person 1:

name
street
housenumber
city
country

- Person 2:

name
street
housenumber
city
country

- Person 3:

name
street
housenumber
city
country

- Person N:

name
street
housenumber
city
country

The screen above I want to create with a for loop over a List of Address
objects in a XSP. But i've not done it yet, so examples and solutions are
more than welcome!!!

The big problem is: I don't know how to handle the model (xmlform-model). I
don't want to create methods like:

setName1()
setName2()
setName3()
setName4()
setNameN()

cause the number of persons is unknown. Does anyone now a Dynamic way to
deal with such a "problem"?

Thanks a lot!!!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,