Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com> on 2006/08/23 23:13:07 UTC

Creating a DynaBean from an ActionForm on the fly

Is it possible to get a DynaBean object from an ActionForm
programmatically?  I need to create a copy of a form, but cloneBean
isn't working.  I have a map-based nested bean (which lets me do stuff
like 'myform.child(ABC).name), but cloneBean does a SHALLOW (argh!) copy
of the map so the original and the clone have the same map values.

- Scott

Re: Creating a DynaBean from an ActionForm on the fly

Posted by Jakub Milkiewicz <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Look at common beanutils documentation. There is something called
WrapDynaBean<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/commons-beanutils-1.7.0/docs/api/org/apache/commons/beanutils/WrapDynaBean.html>
.