Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/03 00:24:39 UTC

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 2:43 AM, Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> wrote:

> > I volunteer to setup the jenkins job and deal with infra
> Is there already a nightly job? I remember in the past there was only
> a precommit job. It would be good to have a nightly job so that flakes
> can be easily tracked. It's hard to do this with a precommit, as the
> failures may be in the patch that's being tested.
>
> I'd also recommend using jenkins job builder [1] for the job setup.
> This way the job specification can be pushed to the bookkeeper repo.

I actually liked the idea to also have the job specification in bookkeeper
repo. So we also manages the job specification changes in same review
process. anyone is interested in exploring this?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Just for.completeness I have found this
https://github.com/jenkinsci/job-dsl-plugin
It is a language for describing jobs

But It requires a plugin.
I prefer openstack jobs builder
Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
I think we will still need Jenkins, because it has more flexibilities than
Travis.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 6:31 AM, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I took a look at jenkins job builder, it seems a great tool.
> Two points before getting started:
> 1) do anyone ever used this tool or something like that?
> 2) it needs calling the API and it is possible to delete all jenkins jobs
> with a single command, surely there will be some kind of permissions to be
> set on jenkins side, but maybe we should ask to infra team if there is
> already some other user of such tool in ASF

I believe there are projects using this tool. you might just search INFRA
tickets to see if there were related tickets.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.