Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Eric Fetzer <el...@yahoo.com> on 2011/03/04 18:57:53 UTC

Continuum Errors - Doesn't seem to be checking out everything...

Sorry if this is a Gomer problem I'm having here, I'm noob in understanding at
least...

So my builds have been going along fine every night.  Recently, my developers
have added a few folders and the build is erroring out in compile (mvn clean
install) acting like the files that should be in those folders don't exist.  I
checked out manually to my build machine working folder and did a >mvn clean
install and it succeeded.  I wanted to trouble shoot this, but I'm not sure how
to tell what continuum SCM checked out.  Secondly, I'm not even sure WHERE
continuum checks out to.  I was guessing it would be in ~/.m2/repository..., but
I can't find a single .java file under there.  Any help?

Thanks,
Eric

Re: Continuum Errors - Doesn't seem to be checking out everything...

Posted by Gwen Harold Autencio <gw...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Eric you can try to look into the file named continuum.log located in <YOUR_CONTINUUM_HOME_DIR>/logs

The checkout information in continuum logs should be something like this
INFO  action#checkout-project  - Checking out project: 'Continuum Simple Example Project', id: '6' to '/home/Users/apache-continuum-1.4.1-SNAPSHOT/data/working-directory/6'.
2011-03-06 11:23:39,530 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.continuum.scm.manager.Slf4jScmLogger  - Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /home/Users/apache-continuum-1.4.1-SNAPSHOT/data/working-directory && svn --non-interactive checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/sandbox/simple-example /home/Users/apache-continuum-1.4.1-SNAPSHOT/data/working-directory/6

IRC is a chat system.
You can install xchat from the synaptic package manager of your OS.

irc detals of continuum once you've installed your irc client.

Server: irc.codehaus.org
Channel: #continuum

Posted by Eric Fetzer <el...@yahoo.com>.

________________________________
Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum Errors - Doesn't seem to be checking out everything...

Thanks Wendy!  Found it.  Now I see several folders under working-directory
(number folders).  How do I know which folder any particular build builds in?

Thanks,
Eric

________________________________
> So my builds have been going along fine every night.  Recently, my developers
> have added a few folders and the build is erroring out in compile (mvn clean
> install) acting like the files that should be in those folders don't exist.  I
> checked out manually to my build machine working folder and did a >mvn clean
> install and it succeeded.  I wanted to trouble shoot this, but I'm not sure
how
> to tell what continuum SCM checked out.  Secondly, I'm not even sure WHERE
> continuum checks out to.  I was guessing it would be in ~/.m2/repository...,
>but
> I can't find a single .java file under there.  Any help?

Are you an administrator?  If so, click the 'Configuration' button in
the left menu, and you'll see the location of the working directories.

By default they'll be under /path/to/continuum/data/working-directory.

(~/.m2/repository is the local Maven repository, where it stores the
artifacts it downloads from remote repos or that get created and
installed locally.)

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum Errors - Doesn't seem to be checking out everything...

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Eric Fetzer <el...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Wendy!  Found it.  Now I see several folders under working-directory
> (number folders).  How do I know which folder any particular build builds in?

The numbers correspond to the project ids, which you can see in the
url when viewing a project.

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum Errors - Doesn't seem to be checking out everything...

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.