Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sandro Tosi <sa...@register.it> on 2010/04/19 15:20:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Is it possible to use mod_speling together with mod_rewrite?

Hello,
we are using extensively mod_rewrite to identify what's the path where
the resource is locate.

Now a new requirement (due to a migration from Windows to Linux) makes
us willing to use mod_speling to match a filename not case-sensitively.

We added "CheckCaseOnly On" to the .htaccess (and mod_speling is
build-in into httpd) but after the rewrite rule has been executed, the
mis-capitalized file is not recognized.

Is is possible to use mod_rewrite and, chained, mod_speling? os can they
be used only in an exclusive fashion (either rewrite or speling)?

Thanks in advance,
Sandro

Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to use mod_speling together with mod_rewrite?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Sandro Tosi <sa...@register.it> wrote:
> Hello,
> really no-one has ever used mod_speling together with mod_rewrite?

Have you tried the PT flag on your rewriterule substitution?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to use mod_speling together with mod_rewrite?