Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/15 15:20:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

A new release candidate apache-camel-2.9.0 final is out with
approximately 464 issues resolved so far: improvements and bug fixes [1].

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-343/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-343/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.9.0/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.9.0/

Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
binary. Your vote counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.9.0
Vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1
Hadrian

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316374

--
Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman
On 2011-12-15, at 下午10:20, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:

> A new release candidate apache-camel-2.9.0 final is out with
> approximately 464 issues resolved so far: improvements and bug fixes
> [1].
>
> Please find the staging repo here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-343/
>
> The tarballs are here
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-343/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.9.0/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.9.0/
>
> Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this
> release binary. Your vote counts!

> Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Here's my +1
> Hadrian
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316374
>
> --
> Hadrian Zbarcea
> Principal Software Architect
> Talend, Inc
> http://coders.talend.com/
> http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com

Re: Remove from mailing list

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

See this page where there are details about subscribing and
unsubscribing the mailing lists
http://camel.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

--
Claus Ibsen

Posted by Marco António Martins <ma...@ext.ptinovacao.pt>.
Hi,

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I am trying to see if I can find an easy fix for CAMEL-4794 (the one I
have now breaks other tests). With that fix or not, I will start the
release builds later today.

Cheers,
Hadrian

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> As an FYI:  the CXF vote is closed and I hit the "promote" button in Nexus
> this morning.
>
> Dan

Thanks

I have upgraded to CXF 2.5.1 on trunk.

> On Monday, December 19, 2011 8:16:24 AM Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>> Yes
>>
>> On 12/19/2011 04:09 AM, Ioannis Canellos wrote:
>> > So, are we waiting for CXF?
> --
> Daniel Kulp

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Yes

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
So, are we waiting for CXF?

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**
Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
**
Apache Camel <http://camel.apache.org/> Committer
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/>  Committer
Apache Gora <http://incubator.apache.org/gora/> Committer
Apache DirectMemory <http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/> Committer
*

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I tried the CXF 2.5.1 voting version with the Camel trunk code last
Friday, very thing looks good :)
If very thing goes well, CXF 2.5.1 should be released this Monday.

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
         http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Christian

Am 15.12.2011 15:20, schrieb Hadrian Zbarcea:
> A new release candidate apache-camel-2.9.0 final is out with
> approximately 464 issues resolved so far: improvements and bug fixes [1].
>
> Please find the staging repo here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-343/
>
> The tarballs are here
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-343/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.9.0/
>

> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.9.0/
>
> Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
> binary. Your vote counts!

> Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Here's my +1
> Hadrian
>
> [1]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316374

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just ran the tests with Camel in Action code, they are looking good.
Here is my +1.

Willem

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Babak,

I checked the release and it is correct.

My commit was more cleanup than real fix.

So I don't see any release stopper.

Regards
JB

On 12/15/2011 09:17 PM, bvahdat wrote:
> Hadrian,
>
> Let me try to explain what the problem I claim to be there:
>
> We assume that the vote will pass and you will promote/copy the staging repo
> content to the central repo and announce the release officially on the Wiki
> &  maybe even on the User-Forum, right?
>
> Now as an example through the revision [1] will claim that the JIRA-Ticket
> [2] has been *also* fixed by the 2.9.0 final release you prepared, however
> that's not true because as you see in [3] that fix is *missing* simply
> because the corresponding revision was commited *after* your "mvn
> release:release". So that the typo correction:
>
> commons-code ==>  commons-codec
>
> and the removal of the line
>
> <pax-web-version>0.7.2</pax-web-version>
>
> there *is missing* in the release you have already promoted to the staging
> repo. I assume that was also the reason why jbonofre [5] asked you to
> provide him the repo URL so that he can check it.
>
> Do you now see the problem? However I've got no idea how critical/important
> this fix is.
>

> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1214739
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4777
> [3]
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-343/org/apache/camel/karaf/apache-camel/2.9.0/apache-camel-2.9.0.pom
> [4]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/platforms/karaf/features/pom.xml?p2=%2Fcamel%2Ftrunk%2Fplatforms%2Fkaraf%2Ffeatures%2Fpom.xml&p1=%2Fcamel%2Ftrunk%2Fplatforms%2Fkaraf%2Ffeatures%2Fpom.xml&r1=1214739&r2=1214738&view=diff&pathrev=1214739
> [5]
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Camel-2-9-release-tp5038092p5077421.html
>
> Babak

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Babak

Before hadrian did the Camel 2.9.0 release, I ran the mvn clean install
-Pvalidate to check the feature file and I also enabled the -Pvalidate
profile when running the release:prepare few weeks ago.

They are helping us to find out any issue of apache-camel feature.

I just checked the features.xml that hadrian cutted, there is no
reference of ${commons-codec-version}, and we are using the
${commons-codec} in the apache-camel features.xml.

It should be OK so far and I will run some other tests to check the kit
before voting my +1.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the commits log, we definitely need it :)

On 12/16/11 4:17 AM, bvahdat wrote:
> Hadrian,
>
> Let me try to explain what the problem I claim to be there:
>
> We assume that the vote will pass and you will promote/copy the staging repo
> content to the central repo and announce the release officially on the Wiki
> &  maybe even on the User-Forum, right?
>
> Now as an example through the revision [1] will claim that the JIRA-Ticket
> [2] has been *also* fixed by the 2.9.0 final release you prepared, however
> that's not true because as you see in [3] that fix is *missing* simply
> because the corresponding revision was commited *after* your "mvn
> release:release". So that the typo correction:
>
> commons-code ==>  commons-codec
>
> and the removal of the line
>
> <pax-web-version>0.7.2</pax-web-version>
>
> there *is missing* in the release you have already promoted to the staging
> repo. I assume that was also the reason why jbonofre [5] asked you to
> provide him the repo URL so that he can check it.
>
> Do you now see the problem? However I've got no idea how critical/important
> this fix is.
>

> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1214739
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4777
> [3]
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-343/org/apache/camel/karaf/apache-camel/2.9.0/apache-camel-2.9.0.pom
> [4]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/platforms/karaf/features/pom.xml?p2=%2Fcamel%2Ftrunk%2Fplatforms%2Fkaraf%2Ffeatures%2Fpom.xml&p1=%2Fcamel%2Ftrunk%2Fplatforms%2Fkaraf%2Ffeatures%2Fpom.xml&r1=1214739&r2=1214738&view=diff&pathrev=1214739
> [5]
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Camel-2-9-release-tp5038092p5077421.html
>
> Babak

Willem
----------------------------------

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Babak, the jira release is actually not today, it's when the vote closes
successfully (Monday if no -1s). Also some jiras have multiple fix
versions (like the not yet released 2.8.4) and some commits target such
release.

I hope I didn't misunderstand your point,
Hadrian

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Babak,

For the commit of CAMEL-4768 and CAMEL-4675 were not suppose to be
committed. Here must be something wrong with my git repo when I run the
git svn dcommit.

And these commits are harmless for the release as we already committed
the whole patches.

On 12/15/11 10:51 PM, bvahdat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the context of the tickets below (Fix Version 2.9.0 in JIRA), I see
> changes made on the trunk which are to be already included by the 2.9.0
> final release (but all are *after* the release today @ 15.12.11 05:12 by
> Hadrian, see [1]).

> In Addition to the tickets above there're also some more commits into the
> trunk which wouldn't hurt (I think), as:
>
> - the 2.9.0 release is not in "Fix Version/s by" in JIRA
> - the commit includes some added unit-tests
>
> Don't we have a problem here?
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?limit_changes=0&view=revision&revision=1214617
>
> Babak