Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2012/04/05 11:08:44 UTC

Wiki page naming, structure and linking

Hi,

I've made a few changes to the wiki page names to be more aligned with
common/best practices, see [1] and [2].

The one thing which might be counter-intuitive to some is that to link to a
*sub* page, you'll start the link with a / while an (absolute) wiki root page
should *not* have a / prefixed... :)

And as one of the main benefits of MoinMoin is that it allows nested page urls,
I've moved the April 2012 board report under the (also renamed) BoardReports
page so that it now is at http://wiki.apache.org/rave/BoardReports/April2012.

I also did the same for the (yet to be created) pages referenced on the
ArchitectureTopics pages, e.g. like
http://wiki.apache.org/rave/ArchitectureTopics/Persistence

This is not required of course and can be discussed if there are other
preferences to do so. Changing it back now is still easy as long as there aren't
many incoming url references.

Regards, Ate

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/rave/WikiName
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/rave/HelpOnLinking

RE: Wiki page naming, structure and linking

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Looks good to me