Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chris Newland <cn...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2000/09/04 18:45:13 UTC

problems with deltree and delete tasks

Hi,

I'm using Ant on a Windows NT system to checkout, build, and jar a
Java-based project. When I try and use the deltree or delete tasks to clean
up files that I dont need any more I get the error : build.xml:<line>:
unable to delete <file>.

All of the other tasks work fine.

The error only seems to occur when I try and delete files or directories
that I used in the classpath variable in a javac task.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Newland
Software Research Engineer

Re: problems with deltree and delete tasks

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 CN> build.xml:<line>: unable to delete <file>.

has the file been deleted?

Most probably another application is using that file or you are trying
to delete a directory while you have an application "inside" that
directory (a DOS box or an Explorer Window for example).

Stefan