Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by yduchesne <ya...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/30 15:53:19 UTC

cannot build geronimo from 2.2 branch

I got the following error trying to build Geronimo 2.2. The error has been
posted multiple times on this list, without a fix having been suggested...
Can anyone suggest a solution ?

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Plugin could not be
found - check that the goal name is correct: Unable to download the artifact
from any repository

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
-DartifactId=car-maven-plugin -Dversion=2.2.1-SNAPSHOT
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file

Re: cannot build geronimo from 2.2 branch

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
Learned something, thanks!

Forrest

Re: cannot build geronimo from 2.2 branch

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 30, 2009, at 10:01 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> ummmm you are working way too hard
>
> mvn clean install -Dstage=bootstrap
> mvn clean install

Agreed. Also, I've started a 'mvn deploy', which should help with the bootstrap requirement...

--kevan

Re: cannot build geronimo from 2.2 branch

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
ummmm you are working way too hard

mvn clean install -Dstage=bootstrap
mvn clean install

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
Revise again :)

>> The procedure does not work for 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT branch, the same to 2.2
> source package published by David. Because there are some modules required
> by car-maven-plugin which need to be built first.
>
> The revised steps are:
>
> 1) from the top checkout directory
>   mvn install -N
> 2) cd framework
>   mvn install -N
> 3) cd modules
>   mvn install

4) cd ../buildsupport
  mvn install

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Try building in steps, until we get the initial 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts
> published -
>
> 1) from the top checkout directory (ie. /server-2.2.1/)
>        mvn install -N
> 2) cd framework
>        mvn install
> 3) then from the top directory (step 1) try building everything again
>        mvn install
>
> The procedure does not work for 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT branch, the same to 2.2
source package published by David. Because there are some modules required
by car-maven-plugin which need to be built first.

The revised steps are:
1) from the top checkout directory
  mvn install -N
2) cd framework
  mvn install -N
3) cd modules
  mvn install -N
  mvn install

> -Donald

Forrest

Re: cannot build geronimo from 2.2 branch

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.