Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Marc Taillant <je...@alcatel-lucent.fr> on 2007/06/27 14:53:42 UTC

Web Service binding deployed into Tomcat

Hi,

I downloaded the last versioon apache-tuscany-sca-0.90. I played with
several composite sample and all looks ok. But what I need to do now is
to use tuscany into tomcat ( deployed in a war file). This application
will expose the ws binding. What I can't see is how to invoke the Web
Service, I mean what is the service endpoint to test it?

I tryed the following URL:
http://localhost:8080/myapp/services/MyService
http://localhost:8080/myapp/services/MyService?wsdl

But with no success.

I also having the following exception:

GRAVE: "Servlet.service()" pour la servlet TuscanyServlet a généré une
exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No servlet registered for path: null
    at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.webapp.TuscanyServlet.service(TuscanyServlet.java:57)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

When I try ot invoke the above URLs.

Your help will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Marc

Re: Web Service binding deployed into Tomcat

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On 6/28/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> (Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
> >
> >    at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(
> PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
> >
> >    at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(
> LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
> >
> >    at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(
> ThreadPool.java:685)
> >
> >    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> >
> > When I try ot invoke the above URLs.
> >
> > Your help will be appreciate.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Jean-Marc
> >

> Hi
>
> The URL should be http://localhost:8080/<web app name>/<path used to
> register the Tuscany servlet in web.xml>/<uri specified in your

Just to be clear as we don't have any doc or samples showing it in 0.90, the
webapp web.xml needs to define a Tuscany servlet and listener for this to
work, eg:

    <listener>
       <listener-class>org.apache.tuscany.sca.webapp.TuscanyContextListener
</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <servlet>
       <servlet-name>TuscanyServlet</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>org.apache.tuscany.sca.webapp.TuscanyServlet
</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>TuscanyServlet</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

The endpoint the service will be exposed at depends on several things like
the binding uri or wsdl or component and service name. There's the start of
some doc about this at
http://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANY/sca-java-bindingws.html. If you don't
specify a uri or a wsdl port it will end with componentName/serviceName.

I've a sample for this not in SVN yet which you can get at
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/temp/ws-webapp-sample.zip.  The endpoint
that service will be available at would be
http://localhost:8080/sample-helloworld-ws-service-webapp/HelloWorldComponent/HelloWorldService

   ...ant

Re: Web Service binding deployed into Tomcat

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Jean-Marc Taillant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the last versioon apache-tuscany-sca-0.90. I played with
> several composite sample and all looks ok. But what I need to do now
> is to use tuscany into tomcat ( deployed in a war file). This
> application will expose the ws binding. What I can't see is how to
> invoke the Web Service, I mean what is the service endpoint to test it?
>
> I tryed the following URL:
> http://localhost:8080/myapp/services/MyService
> http://localhost:8080/myapp/services/MyService?wsdl
>
> But with no success.
>
> I also having the following exception:
>
> GRAVE: "Servlet.service()" pour la servlet TuscanyServlet a généré une
> exception
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: No servlet registered for path: null
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.webapp.TuscanyServlet.service(TuscanyServlet.java:57)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
>
>    at
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
>
>    at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
>
>    at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)

> When I try ot invoke the above URLs.
>
> Your help will be appreciate.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jean-Marc

Hi

The URL should be http://localhost:8080/<web app name>/<path used to
register the Tuscany servlet in web.xml>/<uri specified in your
binding.ws element>.

If this does not work, could you please provide us with your .composite,
web.xml and .wsdl files? and we'll take a look. Just paste the files in
the body of the email (attachments are filtered out) or attach them to a
JIRA issue (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY).

Thanks.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Web Service binding deployed into Tomcat

Posted by shaoguang geng <ge...@yahoo.com>.
Your first try with [url]?wsdl would work only if you refer to the wsdl file of you service, inside the <service><port> section.
  Something else, make a web service binding, does not need a war. The helloworld-ws-service/reference samples have showed this.

  Good Luck.