Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Venkat R <ve...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/07/15 03:28:39 UTC

Prism server setup

Hi All,

I followed the instructions here https://blogs.apache.org/falcon/entry/starting_falcon_in_distributed_mode and made the necessary changes to the conf/runtime.properties as below:

<verbatim>

*.all.colos=eat-1, lva-1
*.falcon.eat-1.endpoint=http://eat1-server1.grid.example.com:15000
*.falcon.lva-1.endpoint=http://lva1-server2.grid.example.com:15000

#falcon server should have the following properties
falcon.current.colo=eat-1

</verbatim>

I started the prism server as follows:

bin/prism-start -port 16000

and the status report ok. But browser reports error when I try to access
http://eat1-hcl0758.grid.linkedin.com:16000/

return ERROR 503.

And the prims log has the following exception:

Not sure what this password being asked.

The use lannching the Prism server has kerberos TGT in the cache.

Thanks
--Venkat

2014-07-15 01:19:21,426 WARN  - [main:] ~ Nested in javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Unable to obtain password from user
: (log:89)
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Unable to obtain password from user

        at com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.promptForPass(Krb5LoginModule.java:789)
        at com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.attemptAuthentication(Krb5LoginModule.java:654)
        at com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.login(Krb5LoginModule.java:542)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:769)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:186)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$5.run(LoginContext.java:706)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeCreatorPriv(LoginContext.java:703)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:575)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.KerberosAuthenticationHandler.init(KerberosAuthenticationHandler.java:187)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.AuthenticationFilter.init(AuthenticationFilter.java:146)
        at org.apache.falcon.security.BasicAuthFilter.init(BasicAuthFilter.java:82)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:713)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1282)

Re: Prism server setup

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
Did you kinit?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:58 AM, Venkat R <ve...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.AuthenticationFilter.init(AuthenticationFilter.java:146)
>         at
> org.apache.falcon.security.BasicAuthFilter.init(BasicAuthFilter.java:82)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
>         at
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:713)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1282)

Venkatesh

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Re: Prism server setup

Posted by Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>.
If you are running secure falcon than the browser will need spnego support
in order to show the UI. The error message the user sees can be improved
but you will need to configure your browser to do spnego negotiate.

After kinit run the following call

curl --negotiate -u : "http://eat1-hcl0758.grid.linkedin.com:16000/ " and
see if it goes through.

Arpit