Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "A.N.M." <am...@telefonica.net> on 2005/03/06 09:06:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Applying Patches

I just installed Apache/2.0.53 (Win32), used as a Virtual Server for
development purposes, and couldn't get the Aliases to work. I went to the
Apache web site and looked at the bugs reports and found 2 patches which
should fix the problem.

My problem now is that I have no idea how to apply the patches. I did a
search on DogPile.com and found one page which gave instruction on how to
apply patches but it didn't work.

This seems to be something which should be listed in basic instructions for
using Apache and it doesn't seem to be explained anywhere. Can somebody
please provide me with an example of how to apply patches?

Nina

Re: [users@httpd] Applying Patches

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:06:19 +0100, A.N.M. <am...@telefonica.net> wrote:
> I just installed Apache/2.0.53 (Win32), used as a Virtual Server for
> development purposes, and couldn't get the Aliases to work. I went to the
> Apache web site and looked at the bugs reports and found 2 patches which
> should fix the problem.
>
> My problem now is that I have no idea how to apply the patches. I did a
> search on DogPile.com and found one page which gave instruction on how to
> apply patches but it didn't work.
>
> This seems to be something which should be listed in basic instructions for
> using Apache and it doesn't seem to be explained anywhere. Can somebody
> please provide me with an example of how to apply patches?

In order to apply patches, you would need to recompile the server
using the instructions listed here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html

If you don't have the tools/knowledge to do that, then forget about
it.  If you do, then you'll also need to download a "patch" program,
such as the one included here:
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
and then read the instructions on how to run patch.

But you might want to instead describe exactly what problem you are
having that you think you need a patch for.  Perhaps someone on the
list could suggest another solution.

Joshua.