Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2005/09/02 14:08:19 UTC

Re: [email] Line endings [VOTE] Release Commons Email 1.0

--- "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>
wrote:
> Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>
> writes:
> >e) Text files, including the NOTICE and LICENSE use
> Unix line endings.
> >This is a debated point, but I always prefer to see
> at least the zips
> >use Windows line endings.
>
> % svn propget svn:eol-style LICENSE.txt
> native
>
> I build on Linux. Eric on some other unixish
> platform. If you
> volunteer to build the ZIPs for us on Windows or can
> convince the
> maven people to put some magic in so that the line
> endings are
> correct, fine.

As I said, this is a minor point. On the math vote
thread, Brent commented:
"How about adding a call to Ant's fixcrlf task inside
our dist:build-bin and dist:build-src pregoals?
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/fixcrlf.html"

This really need mixing in Maven, but it can be fixed
by adding code to maven.xml. I suggest we watch the
math thread. If nothing comes of it, then let it be
for now.

Stephen

Re: [email] Line endings [VOTE] Release Commons Email 1.0

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> writes:

>This really need mixing in Maven, but it can be fixed
>by adding code to maven.xml. I suggest we watch the
>math thread. If nothing comes of it, then let it be
>for now.

Thanks for pointing out. I'll watch and see what will happen there.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42