Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Mike Adamson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/19 17:07:58 UTC

Unbinding a user session created using the DelegatingAuthenticator throws an LdapNoSuchObjectException

Hi,

As the subject says, I am using the DelegatingAuthenticator to create
sessions using users on a remote Ldap server. When I unbind the session I
get an LdapNoSuchObjectException. This is because the partition nexus
attempts to lookup a partition to unbind the object.

I can't quite decide whether this is expected behaviour or a bug. I can
raise a jira issue if you think it is. My code seems to work quite happily
if I just catch the exception and ignore it.

Thanks,

Mike Adamson

Re: Unbinding a user session created using the DelegatingAuthenticator throws an LdapNoSuchObjectException

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/11 4:14 PM, Mike Adamson wrote:
> Ok, I've raised DIRSERVER-1662 for this.

This is clearly a bug. We don't handle he unbind operation in the
authenticator classes, which is wrong, because it goes down through the
local partition and you'll get a LdapNoSuchObjectException.

We just have to add the Unbind handling. This will be done in the next
revision.

Thanks for the report !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Unbinding a user session created using the DelegatingAuthenticator throws an LdapNoSuchObjectException

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 20 sept. 2011, at 16:14, Mike Adamson wrote:
> Ok, I've raised DIRSERVER-1662 for this.

Thanks Mike.

> Unfortunately a testcase or app is a little difficult because of it's dependence on a remote Ldap instance. I couldn't see a way of using the existing test framwork to create 2 directory services.

Yeah, I understand.
I think Emmanuel has found a workaround for that, in order to test the replication which also requires multiple instances of directory services, but I haven't looked at it yet.
FYI, in case you need it later, I think it's located in this class: org.apache.directory.server.replication.ClientServerReplicationIT

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Mike Adamson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.