Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sasha Bengal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/22 23:41:39 UTC

Question about Application Master (MiniYARNcluster)

Hi,
I am learning insides of Hadoop by following a map reduce job in Eclipse
debugger with break points. I am using MiniYARNcluster. Most of sequence
goes according to Hadoop books and lessons I have studied before. Except
none of the break points are stopping in ApplicationMaster or MRAppMaster
java classes. I see that ApplicationMasterLauncher,
ApplicationMasterService, ApplicationMasterProtocol
(ApplicationMasterProtocolPBServiceImpl) get invoked, but no actual
applicationMaster class.
Can someone please answer: Is there other main application master class
that I do not know (besides ApplicationMaster and MRAppMaster)? is
ApplicationMaster not always invoked as a class? If yes, what are the cases
and what class running services (such as sending container allocation
requests) in this case?
Thank you in advanse,
Sasha

Re: Question about Application Master (MiniYARNcluster)

Posted by Sasha Bengal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Steve!
I figured out by now that AM (MRAppMaster) is running. I confirmed it by
inspecting closely log files on individual mini cluster nodes. Not stopping
at the break points is an Eclipse/Ubuntu issue.
Thank you again,
Sasha

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.