Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Yonas <yo...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 21:34:32 UTC

Security concerns

Hi,

According to:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/11/05/opensocial-hacked-again

TechCrunch reported that OpenSocial was cracked within 20 minutes of
release.

I'm thinking of using OpenSocial/Shindig for a startup company, but I
need to know how much of a security risk I'm taking. Since the gadget
will be dealing with transferal of money, I'm very sceptical of the
benefits outweighing the risk of being cracked.

I understand that OpenSocial is still growing and isn't 1.0 yet, so
maybe I should wait until then?

Cheers,
Yonas

Re: Security concerns

Posted by Yonas <yo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I'm a lot more confident now! :)

Y.

Re: Security concerns

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
Hey Yonas,