Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/05/17 08:29:56 UTC

ConfiguraionServlet

Hi,

I've developed a web interface for Log4J
http://www.codeczar.com/projects/logweb/

Fairly obviously, there's some common ground with the
ConfigurationServlet in the sandbox.  Is there work underway to expand
ConfigurationServlet to a full config interface? I'd like to continue
developing the interface I have started but I guess this would be wasted
effort if the functionality is already being developed by members of the
log4j team.

Anyone know what is planned for ConfigurationServlet?

Cheers
Nathan

Re: ConfiguraionServlet

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com>.
re: licensing, the short answer is that I'm not sure.  This is what I'm
thinking at the moment.

1) I'd like to retain control over the development at least until it is
completed. I'm in the process of writing a functional spec that defines
what I think the completed app should include.

2) I'd like the app to be freely available and accessible to as many
people as possible.

3) Not being entirely selfless I'd like to get credit for developing the
app.

So, by having the app closed source is keeping my options as open as
possible. for the moment at least.

what do you think?

Re: ConfiguraionServlet

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.