Posted to users@camel.apache.org by fclose <fr...@closebase.com> on 2013/03/22 11:32:41 UTC

Smpp stop route recommendations

Hello,

I have configured a route listening for incoming sms messages.
We did a mini load test with 2 messages / seconds.
this works perfectly but we have a problem when we stop the route, at that
time we seem to lose messages

smsc considers that 2 messages were rejected *before *the unbind.

So, I have 2 questions:

1/ how would you advise stopping that route ?
currently what I'm doing is (simply)

camelContext.stopRoute(routeId);

2/ the route is only receiving sms not sending any
it is configured with registeredDelivery = 0

which means :  No SMSC delivery receipt requested.

Should I not use 1 instead of 0 ?

possible values:

0: No SMSC delivery receipt requested.
1: SMSC delivery receipt requested where final delivery outcome is success
or failure.
2: SMSC delivery receipt requested where the final delivery outcome is
delivery failure.

Re: Smpp stop route recommendations

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Please find my comments inline in your mail.

Best,
Christian

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM, fclose <fr...@closebase.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have configured a route listening for incoming sms messages.
> We did a mini load test with 2 messages / seconds.
> this works perfectly but we have a problem when we stop the route, at that
> time we seem to lose messages

What do you mean exactly by loosing messages? The message arrived in your
Camel consumer but not in the producer?
What did you received from this Camel endpoint in this case?

> smsc considers that 2 messages were rejected *before *the unbind.
>

> So, I have 2 questions:
>
> 1/ how would you advise stopping that route ?
> currently what I'm doing is (simply)
>
> camelContext.stopRoute(routeId);

This is correct. The "DefaultShutdownStrategy" (
http://camel.apache.org/graceful-shutdown.html) will shut down your route
gracefully.

> 2/ the route is only receiving sms not sending any
> it is configured with registeredDelivery = 0
>
> which means :  No SMSC delivery receipt requested.

No, in this case this option has no effect. It's used to *REQUEST* the SMSC
to send a receipt for the case your application has sent a short message
and you want to know whether and when the short message was delivered.