Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jesse Long <je...@virtualpostman.co.za> on 2009/11/09 14:28:38 UTC

Repository Delegation

Hi All,

Maybe this has been discussed (although Google didn't find anything in
the archives).

What about... a Repository Delegation mechanism, like zone delegation in
DNS? IE. the central repo could delegate the com.mycompany group (and
all children) to my hosted repo, and I manage whats below that.

I dont know the maven internals much, and I haven't really thought much
about pros and cons. Just an idea. I see each company configuring
repositories as similar to each company managing a /etc/hosts file, or a
DNS root. With delegation, I no longer need to configure separate repos,
I just ask you nice people to delegate my reverse domain name group to
my http:// hosted repo and I'll do the rest from there.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jesse