Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 23:01:22 UTC

simple request for commiters

Can someone commit an empty folder for:
  /src/test/org/apache/solr/handler

TortoiseSVN does not support making patches with new folders.  You can
get around this with svn diff from command line, but it is hard to
pick and choose what files you want to include in the patch.

As you can guess, I have a rather patchy installation!

thanks
ryan

Re: simple request for commiters

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: get around this with svn diff from command line, but it is hard to
: pick and choose what files you want to include in the patch.

FWIW: when i'm working on something, i write it, generate a patch with a
name describing the change, and then svn revert my tree to be in sync with
the trunk again ... that wya it doesn't matter how many independent
changes i'm multitasking between, the changes are kept in discrete
patches -- if i want to try something out involving two patches, i apply
them both.

the other thing i use to do a lot of when working with multiple "major"
changes is have multiple copies of hte source tree checked out in
different directories ... but i don't do that as much now that i'm more
comfortable working with patch.

-Hoss

Re: simple request for commiters

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 2/8/07, Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone commit an empty folder for:
>   /src/test/org/apache/solr/handler

r505069

> TortoiseSVN does not support making patches with new folders.  You can
> get around this with svn diff from command line, but it is hard to
> pick and choose what files you want to include in the patch.

Another option is to code in a fresh checkout, and apply the patch to your copy.

cheers,
-Mike