Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Peter H." <co...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/22 18:03:44 UTC

Is there really no answer? How to cancel a large upload request with a servlet?

Hello,

I've written a file upload where the user get's informed of the currently
transferred bytes (asynchron with meta refresh)...
on this "info page" the user can press cancel - an async request is send to
the server to another
thread of course. this thread informs the uploading thread that it could
cancel the job - but after
leaving my methods someone still reads the whole request. who can it be?
tomcat, apache - dont know
--- PLEASE HELP

It seems that the whole request is still processed.
closing the inputstream does not help...

Greetings and thanks
Peter

E-Mails sind Ihnen nicht schnell genug? http://messenger.msn.de MSN
Messenger - Kommunikation in Echtzeit