Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Douglas Franklin of Union Gospel Mission <pd...@yugm.org> on 2008/02/06 20:11:25 UTC

Bayes

SA is marvelous!  I installed Kolab last summer and have been using SA
to greatly cut down on spam.  (It is filtering out about 5,500 e-mails
per week for our organization.)  I'm not sure which version of SA Kolab
uses, but I believe it is 3.0.x
Lately I have been writing quite a few rules to try to keep up with the
spammers.  Bayes wasn't doing the trick.  I find it a little
disappointing that Bayes within Thunderbird catches on much faster than
Bayes in Spamassassin, and that makes me wonder whether something is
malconfigured.
I'm the only one in the organization whose system is configured to input
into the SA bayesian filter, and I faithfully send those messages which
I have marked in Thunderbird as junk to the spam learning folder for
SA.  Nonetheless, SA continues to allow some e-mails thru which
Thunderbird then automatically marks as junk.
Any suggestions?
--Paul

--
Paul Douglas Franklin
Computer Manager, Union Gospel Mission of Yakima, Washington

Re: Bayes

Posted by Diego Pomatta <in...@abelsonsa.com.ar>.
Paul Douglas Franklin of Union Gospel Mission escribió:
> I'm the only one in the organization whose system is configured to
> input into the SA bayesian filter, and I faithfully send those
> messages which I have marked in Thunderbird as junk to the spam
> learning folder for SA.  Nonetheless, SA continues to allow some
> e-mails thru which Thunderbird then automatically marks as junk.
> Any suggestions?
> --Paul

I also use Thunderbird.
I think you just have to give it time. I always assumed SA's bayes is
more precise and takes more time to train than Thunderbird's.

Regards
/Diego