Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/12/05 18:08:27 UTC

Re: svn commit: r22580 - trunk/subversion/svnserve

On 12/5/06, dlr@tigris.org <dl...@tigris.org> wrote:
> Author: dlr
> Date: Tue Dec  5 09:59:26 2006
> New Revision: 22580
>
> Log:
> Improve the way svnserve handles the --root option.
>
> * subversion/svnserve/main.c
>   Include "svn_io.h".
>   (main): Make the --root option mandatory on Windows. Make sure the
>    path passed to --root actually exists.

Is the windows change a backwards compatibility problem?  Will people
have trouble with previously working installs when they upgrade?

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r22580 - trunk/subversion/svnserve

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 12/13/06, Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Dec 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>
> > On 12/5/06, Vlad Georgescu <vg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hmm. Strangely enough, it does actually behave that way (sorry for not
> > >testing this before). So what now? If we do decide to keep / as the
> > >default, we should at least document it somewhere (like in svnserve's
> > >usage text).
> >
> > Considering that it does (accidentally, but still) have a
> > not-totally-insane default behavior (certainly similar to what the
> > Unix default behavior is), I think we should leave it that way and
> > document it.  If we really want to change the default, that'll have to
> > wait for 2.0 (might want to file an issue for it, so we don't forget).
>
> I reverted the problematic portion of r22580 in r22701.  Where exactly
> should this behavior be documented?

I imagine in the help output.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r22580 - trunk/subversion/svnserve

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by Vlad Georgescu <vg...@gmail.com>.

--
Vlad

Re: svn commit: r22580 - trunk/subversion/svnserve

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.