Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by wt <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/11 12:12:12 UTC

client probe cache metadata

Hi

The rest service has a meta method that returns fields and index info. I
can't see another rest method that would show what a cache config is like
(backup, atomic or transactional, if metrics tracking is enabled, and
whatever other relevant cache config there might be. Can i get this from the
client?

Re: client probe cache metadata

Posted by wt <wa...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the help on this Stan -i will look into that method. thanks

Re: client probe cache metadata

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can get all caches configuration from Java API:

        IgniteCache<String, Object> cache =
dr1Hub.getOrCreateCache("CACHE");

        CacheConfiguration conf =
cache.getConfiguration(CacheConfiguration.class);

System.out.println("------------------------------------------------");
        System.out.println("Cache name " + conf.getName());
        System.out.println("Atomicity mode " + conf.getAtomicityMode());
        System.out.println("Backups " + conf.getBackups());

System.out.println("------------------------------------------------");

Output:

Cache name CACHE
Atomicity mode TRANSACTIONAL
Backups 1

Also possible to get it from Mbeans:

1)Start jconsole
2)choose Mbeans tab
3)org.apache->id->gridname->cache_groups->cache_name->attributes

BR,
Andrei

RE: client probe cache metadata

Posted by wt <wa...@gmail.com>.
i need to to be able to discover what each cache configuration is. It this
system is to have a large number of tables we need a way to identify what
the original configuration for the given cache is. All our configs are
happening at runtime (no xml file) because we are moving in a direction of
codless etl and dynamic config.

how would you view a caches config if it were not in the spring xml file?

RE: client probe cache metadata

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
No, seems there are no methods for that.
I assume it could be added to the metadata response. But why do you need it?

Stan