Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Toma, Mircea" <mi...@SierraSystems.com> on 2001/10/12 19:02:36 UTC

SarURLConnection...

Hi,

I created the classes that allow us to read nested jars located within .sar
files. I can check them in 'org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.protocols.sar'
package but I'm not sure if that's the right place?
I created the URLStreamHandlerFactory but I think it's better to just set
the new protocol package in 'java.protocol.handler.pkgs' system property!
The reason is if the URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory(..) it's already called
it will throw an exception when called again.
If there are no major complaints I will go ahead and modify Installer to use
the new protocol!

Mircea