Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by umen <me...@fts-soft.com> on 2007/10/30 12:59:00 UTC

How to request that contains lots of param/value pairs

Hello all
I have page that contains several functions I can execute it by sending long
http request
Something like 23 parames and there values.
this is very hard to enter all the parameters into the "send parameters with
the request" section.
is there way to load the parameters dynamically?

Another thing is one of this http paramets needs to be generated
automatically that is for example:
paramName = paramValue_1  in first thread
paramName = paramValue_2  in second  thread
paramName = paramValue_3  in third  thread
… and so on
Can it be done?

Re: How to request that contains lots of param/value pairs

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30/10/2007, umen <me...@fts-soft.com> wrote:

> Hello all
> I have page that contains several functions I can execute it by sending long
> http request
> Something like 23 parames and there values.
> this is very hard to enter all the parameters into the "send parameters with
> the request" section.

It may be tedious, but it is not difficult.

> is there way to load the parameters dynamically?

Only by using BeanShell, but that would be harder unless you are
already familiar with Java and using BeanShell in JMeter.

In which case you would not need to ask here ... search the mail
archives as it was discussed in the last few weeks.

> Another thing is one of this http paramets needs to be generated
> automatically that is for example:
> paramName = paramValue_1  in first thread
> paramName = paramValue_2  in second  thread
> paramName = paramValue_3  in third  thread
> … and so on
> Can it be done?

Yes, use the function __threadNum():

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__threadNum