Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Ray_Clough <rc...@kamakuraco.com> on 2008/12/06 04:46:03 UTC

Datasource Deployment

To avoid a port conflict, I had to change the default RMI Naming port, and
now the deployer is giving me a 'cannot find naming server' type of error
when I try to deploy my datasource.  I am guessing that the changed port is
the problem.  Is that correct?  If so, how do I fix it?

Thanks very much,
Ray Clough

Re: Datasource Deployment

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:46 PM, Ray_Clough wrote:

> To avoid a port conflict, I had to change the default RMI Naming
> port, and now the deployer is giving me a 'cannot find naming
> server' type of error when I try to deploy my datasource. I am
> guessing that the changed port is the problem. Is that correct? If
> so, how do I fix it? Thanks very much, Ray Clough

See
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/tools-and-commands.html#Toolsandcommands-deploy
or
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/gshell.html#GShell-Deploy

--kevan

Re: Datasource Deployment

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
What exactly are you doing to try to deploy your datasource? gshell?
Command line? admin console? building a plugin via maven and the car-
maven-plugin? eclipse?

Gshell, command line and I think eclipse need to know the naming port
in order to connect to the server.  I think there are --port
options ... there should be explanations in the command help.

thanks
david jencks