Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2007/08/15 08:05:36 UTC

Test Cases are broken in trunk

Hi,

since the latest refactorings, most of our test cases do not compile
anymore. I managed to fix the portals block (which is just one test
case), but I fail to see how to fix the others, e.g. in the core block.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Test Cases are broken in trunk

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hmm, now they're gone - strange (one of those maven things I guess).

I don't think so. My gut feeling is that caching source test case failed for you but this was caused
by your network condition's or slashdot's server conditions. I really dislike this approach when,
while testing, we are fetching data from external site. This causes tests failing due to conditions
that we are not in control of.

Usually second run solves compilation error, though.

> Thanks for fixing the others - now I can compile all blocks as well.

No problem, thanks for pointing this out.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***

Re: Test Cases are broken in trunk

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> Hi,
>
> since the latest refactorings, most of our test cases do not compile
> anymore. I managed to fix the portals block (which is just one test
> case), but I fail to see how to fix the others, e.g. in the core block.

I fixed tests in chaperon, midi and webdav blocks (commits r566049:566067) by working around Maven's
  MNG-1378 issue[1]. After applying these changes trunk with -P allblocks compiled just fine.

What broken tests in core block do you refer to?

Also, I'm not sure if it helps but voting for MNG-1378 is probably a good idea. This is main cause
of having a lot of crap in our poms.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1378