Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com> on 2010/06/16 17:08:59 UTC

[VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

We're voting on the source distributions available here:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.0RC5/dist/

Specifically:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.0RC5/dist/buildr-1.4.0.tgz
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.0RC5/dist/buildr-1.4.0.zip

The documentation generated for this release is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.0RC5/site/
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.0RC5/site/buildr.pdf

The official specification against which this release was tested:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.0RC5/site/specs.html

Test coverage report:
http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.0RC5/site/coverage/index.html

The following changes were made since 1.3.5:

  * Added:  BUILDR-405 Enhance the idea7x extension to supply a task to
delete generated files
            (Peter Donald)
  * Added:  Support for regexps in include and exclude patterns (BUILDR-406)
  * Added:  Support for Scala 2.8 compiler-level change detection and
dependency
            tracking
  * Added:  Continuous compilation
  * Added:  Generic documentation framework (using the `doc` task).
 Replaces
            `javadoc` task
  * Added:  New "test:failed" task to execute only tests that failed during
last
            run (Antoine Toulme)
  * Added:  Project extensions (before/after_define) now support dependency
ordering
            similar to Rake (e.g. before_define(:my_setup => :compile)
  * Added:  BUILDR-328 Detect Eclipse plugin project with
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
            and Bundle-SymbolicName: entry
  * Added:  Support for Eclipse classpath variables to avoid absolute
pathnames in
            generated .classpath using:
              eclipse.classpath_variables { :VAR => '/path/to/libraries' }
  * Added:  Support for excluding libraries from Eclipse classpath using:
              eclipse.exclude_libs += ['/path/to/some/library.jar']
  * Added:  Environment variable IGNORE_BUILDFILE can be set to "yes" or
            "true" to ignore changes in Buildfile when running tests.
  * Added:  "buildr test=only" will only run tests explicitly specified on
the
            command line (and ignore transitive test dependencies)
  * Added:  ArtifactNamespace.{keys,clear} methods
  * Added:  BUILDR-326 Support unzipping tar.gz files (Antoine Toulme)
  * Added:  BUILDR-368 Support protocol buffer code generation
            (Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Added:  BUILDR-375 Buildr now recognizes buildfile.rb and Buildfile.rb
            (Kerry Wilson)
  * Added:  BUILDR-390 Buildr::group() should accept :classifier argument
  * Added:  BUILDR-407 Exclude and include patterns should support lambdas
or procs
  * Added:  BUILDR-408 Filter include() and exclude() should accept Rake
tasks
  * Added:  BUILDR-409 archive.include() should convert arguments to
artifact
            if applicable
  * Added:  BUILDR-453 Provide a ci task that uses the ci_reporter gem
(Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Added:  ScalaTest now generates JUnit XML reports in addition to text
files.
  * Change: Updated to Ant 1.8.0
  * Change: Updated to Cobertura 1.9.4.1
  * Change: Updated to Groovy 1.7.1
  * Change: Updated to JRuby 1.5.1
  * Change: Updated to JtestR 0.5
  * Change: Updated to JUnit 4.7
  * Change: Updated to JMock 2.5.1 (Antoine Toulme)
  * Change: Updated to RJB 1.2.5
  * Change: Updated to Scala Specs 1.6.2.1
  * Change: Updated to ScalaCheck 1.6
  * Change: Updated to ScalaTest 1.0.1
  * Change: Updated to json_pure 1.4.0
  * Change: Load buildr.rb from $HOME/.buildr instead of $HOME
            ($HOME/buildr.rb is still loaded with deprecation warning)
  * Change: BUILDR-400 Don't forbid projects to use their own compiler after
one has been guessed
  * Change: BUILDR-401 Don't set compiler to output warnings if verbose
  * Change: Buildr.settings.build['scala.version'] now overrides SCALA_HOME
            determine which Scala libraries used for compiling.  If both are
            are provided and reference the same Scala version, then local
            jars from SCALA_HOME are used.
  * Change: Tagline changed from "The build system that doesn't suck" to
"Build like you code"
  * Change: BUILDR-355 Use Rake for defining tasks to do the Buildr distro
over JRuby (Izzet Mustafa oglu)
  * Change: BUILDR-448 Don't use sudo by default for rake setup
  * Change: BUILDR-450 Update .gitignore to exclude idea project files and
files generated during spec tests (Peter Donald)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-208 ansi control characters are printed on Windows
(Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-348 Buildr fails on windows with jruby and ODE 1.X
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-183 Can't define root artifact namespace outside of
project
            (Ittay Dror)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-223 Release Task: customizable commit message (Alexis
Midon)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-232 buildr should print the class of an exception, not
just
            its message (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-233 Can't specify version in artifact namespace
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-267 Skipping tests is only done after they are compiled
            (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-281 Application#initialize fails if home dir isn't
writable
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-327 Specifying :plugin eclipse nature explicitly fails
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-330  Install task should re-install artifact even if
they
            already exist (Alexis Midon)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-334 Eclipse .classpath files use absolute paths for
library
            entries (Stefan Wasilewski)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-336 Java::Commands.java Prints Command Without --trace
            (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-341 jruby -S extract is no longer supported by jruby
            (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-344 Buildr::TestFramework::TestResult::YamlFormatter
uses
            deprecated form of example_pending (Rhett Sutphin)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-345 Improve project documentation (Peter Schröder)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-346 Test classpath can not be set (Peter Schröder)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-347 Compile.from does not work correctly with FileTask
when
            no compiler is set (Peter Schröder)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-349 resources.filter should use defaults from
profile.yaml
            even if mapping is provided
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-360 Reintroduce tag_name instance method for Git release
task for
            backward compatibility (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-361 Generate Eclipse .project file even if project has no
            nature.  Also prevent generation of .project if project has
            children. (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-364 Package spec should be set to a Symbol when :file is
            used (Klaas Prause)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-365 test task should use test compile dependencies
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-366 Scala dependencies should be lazily loaded into
            Java.classpath
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-373 Package type specific implementations of install,
            uninstall and upload are not invoked (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-374 upload tasks can attempt to upload artifacts multiple
times (Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-379 Ant sql task abruptly terminates buildr
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-380 GitRelease: recursive search for root '/' does not
work
            under Windows (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-381 JUnit tests on Groovy project fail with
            NoClassDefFoundError: junit/framework/TestCase
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-382 Packages with default spec are not always created
correctly
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-383 artifact().from(task_dependency) should not trigger
            task_dependency if artifact exists
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-384 Buildr fails with rubygems 1.3.6
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-386 Display JRuby version in buildr -V (Antoine Toulme)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-388 Continuous Compilation Support for Sub-Projects
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-391 resources task does not detect changes
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-392 Array values not flattened in (one version) of
eclipse
            task properties (Antoine Toulme, Peter Dettman)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-306 Cobertura extension does not handle dependencies
            correctly (Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-398 FileUtils#sh does not work correctly on Windows
            (Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-399 invoke_with_call_chain does not restore call chain
            correctly (Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-418 jruby exception: `ffi_libraries': no library
specified
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-442 Errors while running the specs with jruby 1.5
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-449 Fix failing specs on Windows (Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Fixed:  buildr test=all didn't run all tests as expected
  * Fixed:  Fail-fast if package.with() or include() called with nil values
  * Fixed:  Failures not reported correctly for ScalaTest (Alex Eagle)
  * Fixed:  Test dependencies should include test compile dependencies
  * Fixed:  Classpath correctly passed to Scala shell
  * Fixed:  Removed redundant tracing of command arguments
  * Fixed:  filter.using(hash) now correctly substitutes mappings with
boolean
            "false" value
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-404 buildr -V causes exception on JRuby
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-411 fix for RDoc generation
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-417 package_as_javadoc calls deprecated method
            (Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-412 Gemspec dependencies don't add up - to the point it's
not possible to release
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-414 Provide tag_name method on GitRelease as part of API
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-419 Exclusion patterns only work if they contain a
wildcard
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-421 The MANIFEST.MF file packaged by Buildr as
permissions set to 600
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-423 MANIFEST.MF files are not closed, leading to open
files leak.
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-447 Path object do not include empty dirs in base
directory (Peter Donald)
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-457 package(:jar) adds . entry to the jar

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Jean-Philippe Caruana <je...@orange-ftgroup.com>.
Le 16/06/2010 17:14, Daniel Spiewak a écrit :
> Big +1.

+1

> And I'd like to make a public accolade for Antoine, who seems to have worked
> tirelessly to get this release out.  :-)  Way to go!

yes, thanks a lot Antoine !

-- Jean-Philippe Caruana
********************************
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'attention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. Multimedia Business Services decline
toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire
immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur.
*********************************
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited.
Messages are susceptible to alteration. Multimedia Business Services shall not be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it
immediately and inform the sender..
********************************

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
Big +1.

And I'd like to make a public accolade for Antoine, who seems to have worked
tirelessly to get this release out.  :-)  Way to go!

Daniel

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com>.
A huge, non binding +1 from me.

Antoine, you rock!

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks again, Antoine, for all your hard work on this release!

Agreed. Great work!

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
I added a blurb on what's new for 1.4 on the index. I think we're done with
1.4.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <pe...@luciad.com>.
I have to agree that issues with thr current 1.3.5 release are morr of
a showstopper for my projects as well. Having to apply manual patches

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <pe...@luciad.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
I think we now have a good understanding of the problem. Mainly, that this
is not a good or valid approach.
Rhett pointed at a workaround ; I guess that using an enhance block would
also have fixed the problem.

1.4 was long and hard as we had so many changes and we established code
quality over different platforms.
I expect to make much quicker releases going forward, that should help us
address bugs and new releases of libraries.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 01:35, Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.0 release

Posted by Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <pe...@luciad.com>.
+1 with reservations