Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pollotek <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 00:31:05 UTC

Trasport Listener for embedded broker network connectors

I have this application that connects to a stand alone broker and I monitor
this connection with a TransportListener.

I'm changing my architecture to have an embedded broker inside my app and
that embedded broker connected to the stand alone broker.

Is there a way to attach my Transport Listener to the Network Connector
declared in the embedded broker pointing to the stand alone broker?

Thanks,

Claudio

Re: Trasport Listener for embedded broker network connectors

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
A network connector is quite different, as it keeps a connection and
producer open and funnels all messages over that single producer when
there are local messages and remote demand.

I think making use of message advisories will help your use case.

You can subscribe to the Producer advisory topic to get a notification
(via jms) of producer creation and deletion.

have  a read of:
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Trasport Listener for embedded broker network connectors

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Not at the moment. What is the use case?
The discovery network connector does auto reconnects so it handles
failures/retries without intervention and recreates bridges on demand.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com