Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/03 12:15:29 UTC

Re: Jira setup (was : OpenDDR switch to Apache DeviceMap)

Bertrand/all,

Could you also consider doing the same with my user "wkeil" in the JIRA?

I understand nobody sent a monthly report for DeviceMap till yesterday.

One of the shepherd's notes in the wiki says something like

(rvs) The report is missing. This on-n-off seems to continue with the
project. I know thatsome of the mentors are recommending giving it
more time, but it seems like we needto establish some metrics to at
least get the community in shape to do the basics (likereporting and
releasing). Without any kind of forcing function I am not sure what
thefuture for this project really is.

There has not been a report a couple of times in recent months. I did all I
can (especially with the stuff I contributed myself) to get the report out
last month, but except the recent "fork" discussion and a small but
informative presentation last weekend, I did not have that much "striking
news" to undergo the same trouble again this week.

Seems nobody else did? If graduation becomes hard based on such perception
by the PMC, in theory what Reza attempted, could be a path if graduation
failed entirely[?]
We would like to prevent that. Btw. I heard by the OpenDDR team, the pace
may be a bit different, but the project is all but dead. As soon as
something gets committed there, I'll sync, but that must not prevent a
solid way of updating the DeviceMap data either. IMHO that is crucial, the
APIs, especially the ones around W3C DDR are likely to remain as they are
and have been Final at W3C since 2008[?]

Werner

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
I'd be in for that. (the 4 or 5 people) and at least judging from recent
communication, I assume we can manage to find that number of people being
moviated and have reasonable time/abilitiy to contribute.

Following the JavaLand session I was also invited to write an article for
JUGS and its regular magazine. It is due by the end of the week, beside the
meetup earlier this week that could bring visibility in the Java community
and maybe get one or the other person interested to help[?]

Werner

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,