Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Davis Ford <da...@zenoconsulting.biz> on 2006/05/17 21:37:25 UTC

Central repo slow -- hangs often

Hi, it seems getting to the central repo and downloading dependencies
often hangs for me, and i have to restart the process again and again.

I understand the intermittency of network issues, but is there any
recommended solution for this?

I added:

<mirrors>
  <mirror>etc.</mirror>
</mirrors>

a whole bunch of mirrors to my settings.xml, but that does not seem to
alleviate the problem.

Concrete example.  I've tried to d/l

http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2/pcj/pcj/1.2/pcj-1.2.jar

about 5 times now.  Each time it gets to 480/2699K and hangs -- I've
left it hanging for about 10 min. now.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Davis

Re: Central repo slow -- hangs often

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
We don't currently have any resume support, unfortunately.

I'd suggest trying the default repository (repo1.maven.org), as right
now it is the fastest.

- Brett