Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Renaud Denis <Re...@bsb.com> on 2007/01/12 15:24:50 UTC

Trinidad with oracle skin

Hi,

After having used ADF Faces quite a lot by the past, I'm currently
making a Proof of Concept on the Trinidad basis for my company.

My question is about skinning trinidad. By default, there's only the
simple skin (which is quite ugly :))) ; the oracle skin family seems to
be unreachable for now (easily understandable by the way).

But the oracle skin's resources looks to be still packaged with
trinidad.

Can we re-enable the oracle skin easily? What can we do to do this? --------------------------------------------------------

Renaud Denis (Renaud.Denis@bsb.com )
Consultant

BSB Belgium (www.bsb.com)
Avenue Athena 2 - B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
T:+32 (0)10 48 79 63 - F:+32 (0)10 48 34 99
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS BUILDERS DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any attachments are intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify immediately the sender, or Business Solutions Builders (by e-mail at disclaimer@bsb.com), and delete the message and any attachments without printing, copying or opening it. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this message or any attachments, by persons other than the designed addressee(s), is strictly prohibited. E-mail transmission and Internet use cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Business Solutions Builders and its subsidiaries cannot be held responsible for any loss, delay or damage arising from their use.

Re: Trinidad with oracle skin

Posted by Mark Robinson <ma...@mizar.com>.
Hi all!

I've packaged up my intial release of the oracle skin.  It's available at:

http://www.engr.uvic.ca/~mrobinso/OracleSkin.jar

It's got some rough edges, specifically, server generated buttons do not
work.  I didn't have time to test all the skinning selectors, so some
fonts maybe the wrong size/style/color.  Primarily, it was designed for
use in my organization.  If you find anything that should be fixed,
please send me an email.

I created this from the images distributed with Trinidad and a lot of
time in Paint Shop Pro.

To use it, drop the jar in your WEB-INF/lib directory and set your skin
to 'oracle'.

Mark

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Vangasse <st...@boardshop.co.uk>.

Posted by Mark Robinson <ma...@mizar.com>.
Hi Adam,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Jonas-

isn't it that you have been working on a custom skin?
for an article or so ?

Thx,
Matthias

On 1/13/07, Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Oracle skin isn't really packaged with it - it looks like
> we just failed to delete a bunch of .gifs that we should have
> (since they're not used).  Not an IP issue, just a dead code
> issue.  A lot of the old Oracle "skin" was specially handcoded
> Renderers;  instead of using skinning, it just used custom
> HTML all over the place.
>
> As for a pretty skin - I'd love to have some prettier skins contributed
> to Trinidad.  This is an area where I'm personally not so skillful. ;)
>
> -- Adam
>

> On 1/12/07, Renaud Denis <Re...@bsb.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > After having used ADF Faces quite a lot by the past, I'm currently
> > making a Proof of Concept on the Trinidad basis for my company.
> >
> > My question is about skinning trinidad. By default, there's only the
> > simple skin (which is quite ugly :))) ; the oracle skin family seems to
> > be unreachable for now (easily understandable by the way).
> >
> > But the oracle skin's resources looks to be still packaged with
> > trinidad.
> >
> > Can we re-enable the oracle skin easily? What can we do to do this?
> >
> > Renaud Denis (Renaud.Denis@bsb.com )
> > Consultant
> >

> > BSB Belgium (www.bsb.com)
> > Avenue Athena 2 - B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
> > T:+32 (0)10 48 79 63 - F:+32 (0)10 48 34 99
> > BUSINESS SOLUTIONS BUILDERS DISCLAIMER
> > This e-mail message and any attachments are intended exclusively for the
> > addressee(s) and may contain information which is confidential and/or
> > protected by intellectual property rights. If you receive this e-mail by
> > mistake, please notify immediately the sender, or Business Solutions
> > Builders (by e-mail at disclaimer@bsb.com), and delete the message and any
> > attachments without printing, copying or opening it. Any disclosure,
> > reproduction, distribution or use of this message or any attachments, by
> > persons other than the designed addressee(s), is strictly prohibited. E-mail
> > transmission and Internet use cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Business
> > Solutions Builders and its subsidiaries cannot be held responsible for any
> > loss, delay or damage arising from their use.

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com