Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/25 22:38:06 UTC

BNF for Hive Views

It appears a bit challenging to find the BNF's for the hive DDL's.  After a
few google's the following popped up for cdh3 and only for a subset of
table creation's.

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hive/language_manual/data-manipulation-statements.html

Is there an updated and more complete DDL BNF reference?  Although my
present need is for views (and specifically how to impose a schema on a
view), the BNF for other statements would also be helpful.

Thanks,

stephenb

Re: BNF for Hive Views

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.
The antlr file  (Hive.g ) is providing the info I need for this specific
case, but if BNF exists a pointer would still be helpful . Thx

Re: BNF for Hive Views

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: BNF for Hive Views

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.