Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu> on 2004/02/09 16:12:43 UTC

Portlet related Maven question

If I'm building a portlet project using Maven, and I want to express
the dependency on the portlet API, what's the maven <dependency> that
I'd include that would know where to actually *get* the portlet1-0
portlet.jar?

Does this work?

I notice that neither Pluto's nor Jetspeed 2's project.xml for Maven
has any dependencies... I would expect these.  Am I missing something
in how to use Maven?

Thanks.

- Glenn

Re: Portlet related Maven question

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
David,
please go ahead and submit the API to the ibiblio server.

Stefan

tomcat/shared/lib distribution question

Posted by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu>.
Pluto requires distribution into the end user's tomcat / shared / lib
area.

Does anyone know of a tomcat mechanism to package the stuff that needs
to go into common or shared as part of the webapp, so that when it's
expanded by Tomcat it's put in the proper place, outside the webapp
folder, in the /shared/lib or /common/lib?

That way Pluto, and other apps that need to distribute to the shared
area, could have a way to do so.

Any other ideas, short of having the development environment on each
deployment target so that an ant job can be written to move the files
into /common or /shared?

Thanks.

- Glenn

Glenn R. Golden
CHEF Architect  - Sr. Systems Research Programmer
School of Information, Media Union - University of Michigan
ggolden@umich.edu

Re: Portlet related Maven question

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <da...@daviddewolf.com>.
Glenn,