Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Rodov <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/30 14:13:55 UTC

Apache Tomcat 5.5 and labels.properties

Hi All,
I have the following question:
In the apache 5.0 there was a file called cwc_labels.properties, its
attached
It had some interesting properties in it, such as ErrorPage.Message - you
could set a customer error message in it, and others

In 5.5 we could not find this file, theres the app_labels.properties file,
but it does not contain such settings as ErrorPage and many more.

Do you know if this or similar labels file exist in the 5.5 and older
Tomcats?
Or maybe how can I change the error message displayed on Tomcat errors?
thanks

RE: Apache Tomcat 5.5 and labels.properties

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Michael Rodov [mailto:rodov.michael@gmail.com]
> Subject: Apache Tomcat 5.5 and labels.properties
>
> In the apache 5.0 there was a file called cwc_labels.properties

Assuming you mean Tomcat 5.0 (Apache is an organization, not a product), there was no such file.  If you had one in your installation of Tomcat, someone added it locally - likely part of a webapp.  Note that the work directory in a Tomcat distribution is empty; deployment and execution of the webapp can result in files being placed there.

 - Chuck

Re: Apache Tomcat 5.5 and labels.properties

Posted by Michael Rodov <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ok thanks guys

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 30.06.2010 15:43, Pid wrote:
> On 30/06/2010 14:13, Michael Rodov wrote:
>> this is the link, but its not 100% sure since it depends on the
>> installed directories
>>
>> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
>> 5.5.26\work\Catalina\localhost\sm711\loader\*com\hp\ov\cwc\web*
>
> So the clue there is in the package name.
>
> This is not an Apache package, let alone Tomcat: com.hp.ov.cwc.web, it's
> something to do with your application - or an app / jar you're using.

Likely the application in question is HP Service Manager. It seems the
file was part of that. It is definitely not a Tomcat file. Talk to hP or
your integration partner, why they dropped the file and where you can
find the missing functionality.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Apache Tomcat 5.5 and labels.properties

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Michael Rodov <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.