Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bruno Sinou <bs...@argeo.org> on 2016/04/09 08:32:12 UTC

Session.move() fails for limited privilege users when absolute path have no common prefix

Hello,

We have 3 parents nodes:
  /source/a
  /target/b
  /target/c

The user has JCR_ALL rights on:
 /source
 /target/b
 /target/c

and JCR_READ rights on:  /target  but *no right at all* on the root node.

when user makes session.move("/target/c/node","/target/b/node") everything
is fine.
but when user makes  session.move("/source/node","/target/b/node")

we get a javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: cannot read item
cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe exception.

I'm using jackrabbit 2.10.1.

Do I miss something here? Is it an expected behaviour?

This looks similar to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3364 but
with the difference that here full abs path are distinct

Thanks for your help or ideas

Bruno

Re: Session.move() fails for limited privilege users when absolute path have no common prefix

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
Hi Bruno

That looks like a bug to me as read access on some distant
parent should not be needed for the move.

May I suggest that you create a JIRA issue and attach a
simple test-case illustrating the problem?

Thanks and kind regards
Angela