Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jon Marshall <jm...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2018/08/06 09:20:12 UTC

Tips for troubleshooting

I have a test setup for CS 4.11.1 advanced networking KVM on Centos 7.

One manager node and one compute node 2 NICs (1 management/storage), I a trunk link for VM traffic.

I create a guest network, an isolated network and a VPC with it's own isolated network so 3 VRs and each network has a VM created.

Every time I reboot both servers I get exactly the same results -

1) the VR for the guest network is up and the VM is up.

2) the VR for the isolated network is up but the VM is stopped

3) the VR for the VPC isolated network is stuck in starting and so are the VMs.

For 2) the solution is simply to start up the VMs

For 3) you cannot do anything until the VR goes into stopped mode which takes approx 10 mins. You can then destroy it and simply start one of the stopped VMs which recreates the VR.

I asked about the VPC VR problem before and was told to check the management server log and the agent log.  The agent log shows nothing. In the management server log I traced the entire ctx job(s) and I can see it has enough resource and the start job but then it just says it is pending then eventually reports the host as unreachable.

Not asking for someone to fix this for me but can someone tell me how to troubleshoot this because the logs are not showing much and  I can reproduce this every time I reboot.

Jon