Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/01/09 08:46:34 UTC

Exception when Payment is moved to Received status

Hi,
I did a clean install of demo data. Open the Payment "demo10000"
When I try to change payment status to Reveived by clicking on "Status
to Received" button following exception is thrown

Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException:
Service invocation error (Could not commit transaction for service
[setPaymentStatus] call: Roll back error, could not commit
transaction, was rolled back instead because of: Service
[createAcctgTransAndEntries] threw an unexpected exception/
errororg.ofbiz.service.ServiceValidationException: The following
required parameter is missing: [OUT]
[createAcctgTransAndEntries.acctgTransId] (The following required
parameter is missing: [OUT] [createAcctgTransAndEntries.acctgTransId]))

I am not sure if this is set up data issue or problem with code, Ideas
on what could be the problem here.

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Exception when Payment is moved to Received status

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
I've also added my notes here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/sgw

in the paragraph titled "Tips to setup an error journal and prevent
errors caused by incomplete GL accounting setup"

Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
David E Jones wrote:

> I took a look at the DemoOrganizationData.xml file and the
> PaymentsInvoices.xml file (which should be DemoPaymentsInvoices.xml or
> something) and the department parties in the DemoOrganizationData file
> are currently all separate organizations with no settings. I added
> PartyRelationship records in rev 610489 to that they are connected to
> Company.
>
> What I'm thinking is that these will be useful for testing corporate
> hierarchies that would be good to support, and we might even want to do
> something like having the code look for PartyAcctgPreference records on
> parent organizations if it is not found for a specific internal org. For
> example with TESTING since it doesn't have a PartyAcctgPreference
> record, start walking the PartyRelationship tree to find groups it is in
> that are also internal orgs and find a PartyAcctgPreference that way.
>
> -David

David, these are great notes, thanks.
I've marked this message as "important" and I will try to add details
and create new tasks (in Jira) to implement these features.

Jacopo

Re: Exception when Payment is moved to Received status

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jan 9, 2008, at 7:29 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> David E Jones wrote:
>> Should we consider having an error journal in the demo data by
>> default? I'm guessing you've thought about this Jacopo and maybe
>> you have some reasons to not do it.
>
> Yes, the error journal is already configured in the demo data for
> the Company party.
> The problem that Raj was having was probably caused by the fact that
> he was not using the demo data; the error reported by Anil is caused
> by the fact that the payment "demo10000" is associated to the
> TESTING organization party... and we have not still configured the
> accounting setup for that party.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
David E Jones wrote:

> Should we consider having an error journal in the demo data by default?
> I'm guessing you've thought about this Jacopo and maybe you have some
> reasons to not do it.

Yes, the error journal is already configured in the demo data for the
Company party.
The problem that Raj was having was probably caused by the fact that he
was not using the demo data; the error reported by Anil is caused by the
fact that the payment "demo10000" is associated to the TESTING
organization party... and we have not still configured the accounting
setup for that party.

> It would definitely mask errors that people should be seeing and
> resolving, but both short term and long term might smooth things out
> with these accounting transitions. If an error journal gets really big
> it shouldn't be too hard to fix configuration problems and then post the
> entire error journal (and those transactions that succeed will go, and
> those that still error out should stay in the journal). I think that
> service already exists (it's one of the basic ones I wrote a LONG time
> ago), but some UI changes may be needed or something.

Now, I understand the meaning of that service (posting the entire
journal); thanks for the information, we will use this feature.

Jacopo

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hmmm...

can you try to recreate the error in the demo server? Or at least
provide the steps to reproduce it with demo data?

I would like to have a look at it.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Posted by pmacdee <pa...@hrl.com>.

Jacopo,

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Jacopo,

My problem was due to missing data for PartyAcctgPreference for the
Company.  Setting up the correct data resolved the problem.

Thanks,

Raj

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Anil, Raj,