Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de> on 2008/11/14 10:53:07 UTC

Continnum 1.2.2 doesn't work with Oracle

2008-11-14 09:34:13,476 [main] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS  - Error thrown executing CREATE TABLE CHANGESET
(
    CHANGESET_ID NUMBER NOT NULL,
    AUTHOR VARCHAR2(255) NULL,
    CHANGECOMMENT VARCHAR2(8192) NULL,
    CHANGEDATE NUMBER NOT NULL,
    ID VARCHAR2(255) NULL,
    MODEL_ENCODING VARCHAR2(255) NULL,
    CHANGES_SCMRESULT_ID_OID NUMBER NULL,
    CHANGES_INTEGER_IDX NUMBER(10) NULL
) : ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype

--> for Oracle, VARCHAR2 max size is 4000

I was unable to find the JDO entity-definition in the continuum webapp.

Please give a hint for the quick-fix.

Re: Continnum 1.2.2 doesn't work with Oracle

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
It isn't possible to use hibernate at ASF due to the Hibernate license

Emmanuel

AW: Continnum 1.2.2 doesn't work with Oracle

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de>.

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de>.
Bonsoir Emmanuel,
I wasn't aware about the license issue with Hibernate.
By default, package-mssql.orm is included in continuum-model-x.jar at /, so this would mean MSSQL would be the default database for Continuum, which isn't the case.
And even I deleted this file and added my package-oracle.orm to the jar, without any effect.
So, I suppose, there is something action needed in order to register the file for JPOX JDO-layer.

Marc

jpox select it automatically if it find it in the classpath

Emmanuel

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.