Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@apache.org> on 2010/07/20 12:52:49 UTC

using a proxy to bypass network issues accessing maven central repo

I'm having local network problems reaching maven central repo (not
pingable, traceroute fails).  Whilst these are being fixed I set up a
proxy in my settings.xml

	<proxies>
		<proxy>
			<active>true</active>
			 <protocol>http</protocol>
			 <host>www.randomizer.info</host>
			 <port>80</port>
		</proxy>
	</proxies>

However,  my build is still stalling on attempted downloads from repo2.maven.org

[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
Downloading: http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/santuario/xmlsec/1.4.0/xmlsec-1.4.0.pom
  <<<< LONG WAIT >>>>
[WARNING] Unable to get resource
'org.apache.santuario:xmlsec:pom:1.4.0' from repository maven.central
(http://repo2.maven.org/maven2): Erro
r transferring file: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/santuario/xmlsec/1.4.0/xmlsec
-1.4.0.pom

Can anyone offer any clues as to why this is the case please?

Re: using a proxy to bypass network issues accessing maven central repo

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@apache.org>.
Replying to myself for the benefit of others -- it seems to me like
theres a built in repository in maven called maven2 that is set to
look in the central repo.  If you do a mvn  help:effective-pom you
don't see it, but if you do a mvn -X then you see access of the repo
with id maven2.  I created a mirror in settings.xml with id maven2 and
url http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2 and now I get no
attempted access to repo1or2.maven.org