Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Stuart Reynolds <st...@stureynolds.com> on 2014/12/10 04:21:53 UTC

How broadly is TMultiplexedProcessor supported

Is there a stable release of thrift for which TMultiplexedProcessor is
supported for:
  Python
  C++
  Javacript
  Java

Looking at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-1914 # Suggests Python
support not available.
https://github.com/apache/thrift/blob/master/lib/py/src/protocol/TMultiplexedProtocol.py
# Quite recent

... suggests there's a lot of activity here.

Re: How broadly is TMultiplexedProcessor supported

Posted by Ben Craig <be...@apache.org>.
I believe cpp has support as well.  There are TMultiplexedProtocol (client
side) and TMultiplexedProcessor (server side) files in the cpp tree at
least.

--snip--

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Stuart,

we got some veritable traction with the multiplex stuff, still getting
patches. THRIFT-1914 for Python has been committed with revision
879cab2cea799625635d861f5beb89039da5f38c on 2014-05-03, therefore it is part
of the 0.9.2 release.

Multiplex supported by:
- cocoa
- csharp
- delphi
- go
- haxe
- java
- php
- python
- javascript
- nodejs
- typescript

Not yet supported by:
- as3
- c_glib
- cpp
- d
- erlang
- haskell
- javame
- lua
- ocaml
- perl
- ruby
- smalltalk

So yes, it's not complete, but we're on a good way.
And if, by accident ;-), you have a patch, we will be happy to review it.

Have fun,
JensG