Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/10/06 16:50:54 UTC

[classlib] clash in eclipse metadata

I have a problem with how we do eclipse meta-data in classlib, and I'm
guessing there's some cool trick everyone else knows about.

Right now, tree has lots of mods to modules/*/.settings/* and
modules/*/.classpath, resulting in pain and suffering when I try to do a
commit that spans multiple modules.

How are people solving this?

geir

Re: [classlib] clash in eclipse metadata

Posted by Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
On 10/6/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I have a problem with how we do eclipse meta-data in classlib, and I'm
> guessing there's some cool trick everyone else knows about.

We have a user guide on development with eclipse in the website. [1]
Is it helpful?

> Right now, tree has lots of mods to modules/*/.settings/* and
> modules/*/.classpath, resulting in pain and suffering when I try to do a
> commit that spans multiple modules.

How are people solving this?

I check out the whole trunk, configure "Target Platform", and import the
interested module and support module into Eclipse. Meta data needn't to be
modified in most cases.

 [1]
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/dev_eclipse.html

geir

Best regards,
Andrew Zhang

Re: [classlib] clash in eclipse metadata

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
I think it would be nice if we had  examples in bundle form of different
usage models.

We could drop those into SVN too,a nd people could just take them and
overlay...

geir

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.