Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/31 22:46:00 UTC

mailing list

  Recently there have been quite a few changes made
to axis - mainly this is all good - however, I'm a
bit concerned that the mailing list is basically
being ignored.  There's an IRC chat but not everyone
can sit there all day (even if they are in the right
timezone).
  I'd like to request that more issues be brought
to the mailing list prior to actually implementing it.
Without bringing things to the list we're missing out
on input from the non-24x7-irc members and we need
their input.  Not to mention that some of the recent
design changes that are now being backed out could
have been avoided in the first place if a simple note
had been sent out first.
  I'm not asking that things slow down but it feels like
the number of people working on this project is shrinking
and while we might not be able to increase the number of
coders we can try to keep the number of designers as
large as possible by keeping the axis-dev group
involved (not just informed).
-Dug