Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rob McEwen <ro...@powerviewsystems.com> on 2004/12/14 19:42:01 UTC

mail server monitoring services

RE: mail server monitoring services

Would anyone recommend a good third-party mail server monitoring service?

I'm interested in one where I could have it send an e-mail to a special
account my server and then retrieve this e-mail. This would be done every
few minutes and I would be sent an e-mail to a different server if there
were ever a problem.

I know that there are a log of such services out there. However, I'd like to
see if anyone here know of any that they would recommend?

Another possible solution would be a software utility that could be run on
one of my own 24/7 broad-band-connected computers which would then
send/receive at specified intervals?

Thank,

Rob McEwen

RE: mail server monitoring services

Posted by "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.
Rob McEwen wrote:
> RE: mail server monitoring services

Rob

I don't know about services, but the software we use for all our servers is
called uptime. You can contact them on http://www.uptimesoftware.com/

HTH

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains
http://www.blacknight.ie/
Tel. +353 59 9137101
http://www.blacknight.ie/specialoffers.html

--
Email scanned by Blacknight for viruses and dangerous content.
Visit http://www.blacknight.ie for more information