Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by fell <na...@tcs.com> on 2009/01/19 07:20:12 UTC

Question on Lucene search

Hi all,

I am new to Lucene and I need to know the following:

In case I have indexed some data using Lucene and it contains the fields:
Location, City, Country.

Suppose the data is as follows in the index in each of the above fields:
1) R G Heights
2) London
3) United Kindom

If i try to search the index by putting the following in my query :
1) RG Heights (Please not R and G do not have space in the middle) or
2) RGHeights. (no space at all) or
3) R  G      Heights. (extra space between tokens),
4) Kingdom United.

Please tell me if lucene would come up with a positive result or would it
tell me 'no hits'.

Please let me know this for each of the queries above!

Thanks!

Re: Question on Lucene search

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Please ask your question on java-user@lucene.apache.org.