Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by John Speidel <js...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/11/19 16:51:23 UTC

trunk build failing due to ambari-web test failure

Has been failing since:
AMBARI-8382 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-8382> Configs:
Dashboard > Config History custom date option issues. (atkach)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: trunk build failing due to ambari-web test failure

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
UT tests are green now:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/987/.

Yusaku

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Robert Levas <rl...@hortonworks.com>.
Team…

It would be nice if this can be fixed quickly. This type of situation is holding me ( and I assume a lot of other developers) up.

In the future can we try to be more vigilant about running the tests before merging into the trunk?  With approaching deadlines, no one can afford to be waiting around for issues like this to be fixed… especially when they could have been prevented in the first place.

I am not a committer but I can’t imagine that this preventative measure would take that much time away from your other tasks.  On that note, by failing to take the time and run the tests and then causing this issue, you most likely have created additional work for yourself - assuming you are involved in fixing the issue.

Rob

On Nov 19, 2014, at 10:51 AM, John Speidel <js...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Has been failing since:
> AMBARI-8382 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-8382> Configs:
> Dashboard > Config History custom date option issues. (atkach)
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE